Friday, February 24, 2012

The Written Word

I really don't know how to classify this post.  It's not a devotional, bible study, ladies meeting idea or Sunday school lesson. Perhaps it could be classified as a sales pitch or classified ad which is not the context of this blog (and one of which I am not getting paid for), but whatever it is, it is worth a post.

I was recently at my niece's home and noticed some "sayings" on her walls.  No frames, just words.  I had asked if she had painted them.  She told me they were vinyl decals that just stick to the wall.  Of course, I had seen some of these types of things at different stores but had never really put much stock or thought in them.  You know just another form of wall art, but then I got to thinking and remembering when my pastor preached about displaying the word of God in our homes, reminding us that the bible says...

"Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart
and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand,
that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.

And ye shall teach them your children,
speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house,
and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down,
and when thou risest up.

And thou shall write them upon the door posts of thine house,
and upon thy gates.
Deut. 11:18-20

This passage basically says that the Word of God should be in front of us and on our minds and hearts always, at all times and in all places, especially those places we dwell. 

My pastor suggested that there are lots of framed art prints and other things with bible verses out there that we could buy, and encouraged us to display "The Word" in our homes to remind us and those who visit that we live by the word of God.  I thought it was a great idea but have not found anything I liked or that would go with my decor; well, that is until now. After I saw the "sayings" at my nieces place I was sure that these vinyl wall thingies must come in scripture form, and sure enough they do.


storepictures/1Cor1313pic.jpg


I have found several sources for these vinyl scripture decals.  They have some at places like Hobby Lobby but online is where you'll find just about any scripture you would like already premade and if you don't find the scripture you want, you can have one custom made in the font, color and size you desire.  The best part is they are less expensive than most other forms of wall art and they are easier to hang than most pictures.  Besides, they don't leave holes in the walls that need repaired later and they make such a huge impact.


storepictures/1Thessalonians518bSR.jpg 

I recently purchased one from Hobby Lobby and have it boldly situated over the archway leading to my living room.  I absolutely love it!  It is a decent size (12" x 26") and was only $19.95.  Plus, if you sign up to receive Hobby Lobby's email newsletters, you can receive printable coupons for 40% off (of course you will want to do this before heading off to Hobby Lobby!!).  I forgot to use my coupon (wouldn't you know it) but with the coupon I would have only paid $11.97.   Now, if you want to know what scripture I chose you will just have to come over for a visit!   Just kidding, HA...mine is pictured below...but you are still invited over for a visit...REALLY!!





Sorry for the poor quality of my picture.  I am no photographer for sure, but I think you get the gist.

Today I am listing a few of the online sources I found for you to enjoy.  I'm sure you will find something you like!

http://www.wallpraise.com/christianartshop.html
http://www.enchantingquotes.com/
Christian Book Distributors


Be Still and Know Vinyl Wall Saying
These vinyl scripture decals would be great in any room of the house or, if you are a Sunday school teacher like me, you could use them in your classroom as well.  They are fun, modern and classy.  Not to mention, the written word is very powerful and would make a tasteful addition to any decor. 

I hope you find something you like and that you choose to display proudly the word of God in your home or any place else.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTE:

This blog is dedicated to all things inspirational, with it's basis solely from the infallible, inerrant word of God. Unless otherwise posted all scripture references will be taken from the Kings James version of the Holy Bible. Some biblical material and docrinal views on this blog may be controversial in content. I ask when viewing this type of material that you open your heart solely to the word of God and allow his truth, as written in his word, to teach and guide you.
Blogging tips